Thursday, July 2, 2020

Well, HELLO (to your friends)

It has been YEARS since I have posted on this site, but with the release tomorrow of the netflix show, I know I can't be the only one from the Baby-sitters club fandom that can't be EXTREMELY excited to see it.
As such, I've been thinking I need to start posting again. At least temporarily. How much I'll be able to is unclear because my work schedule... thankfully I'm still working even with all the crap going on. St Louis city and county (where I live in and work) is mandating masks be worn starting tomorrow at 7am. It shall be... interesting.
However, I get off of at work at 6am, and will OBVIOUSLY be zooming home so I can watch the netflix show.
 When I heard the news about the show about a year ago, I wasn't sure what to think  It's been so long since there was anything recorded. We had the tv show back in early 90s, and the movie that came out in 1995 (my first movie I EVER saw by myself. Major times). The series technically ended with Graduation Day in 2000 (which I randomly bought at a bookstore at the age of 16, having NO idea it was the last one). However, since then, there have been graphic novels, the prequel (which I was interviewed by the Washington Post TEN years ago, and posted about it on here.), rereleases with new covers and some updates, and Elle Fanning is reading some of the books on audible... among other things.

I've been keeping up with Ann M. Martin on facebook and actually am following the Mary Anne of the show on there as well, and she's posting a lot of articles and such about the show, which I am avidly reading and posting on my page as well.

So, as a preview...
Here's the full length trailer that came out on June 22nd. (Camp is back... but Moosehead?)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vivBx21jYC0
Brief glimpse of Jessi and Mallory along with Alica Silverstone as Kristy's mom, and I believe those might be the Barrett's

and the recent video posted by Mary Anne:
https://youtu.be/vivBx21jYC0

In it, you see more other characters. Charlotte, Kishi's, Mr. Spier, brief glimpses of Kristy's brothers. I'm still looking on IMDb for who plays all those characters and what they were in before, but there's still a lot of missing characters on the page. Charlotte and the Barrett's are on there, though. Mr. Spier (from what I've seen is a fairly well known person)... is not. Yay for archery! It was my "thing" that I could do fairly well while working at camp.

Yay for Sea City, Trevor Sandbourne, camp, and that stylish phone, among other things.

No comments: