Monday, September 15, 2008

Bored... Karen's Grandad subplot

Right now I'm sitting in a hotel room in Austin Texas having evacuated from Hurricane Ike. (We're fine. the community where my mom and stepfather live,(san leon) that i lived in for three years is a warzone...but their properties are still fine.... one of the few lucky ones)

Anyway. For some reason I was thinking about Karen's Grandad. I have no idea why I started thinking about this... but ... the subplot timeline in the book about Hootie (Ms. Colman's class's pet guinea pig) is just so ridiculous I have to say it.

note: semi spoilers ahead to explain and verify timeline.




Friday: Grandad's funeral
Monday: Class gets another Guinea Pig for Hootie because he's lonely. They think he's a "boy". Hootie's Happy! Very Happy!

wait for it.....


Ut oh.
New friend's starting to get fat.
Wednesday: Oh noes! They discover "he" is a "she" and "she's" Pregnant!! (Sorry been awhile since I've read the book. I can't remember the name. I told you I started thinking about this for no reason...)
Friday: BABIES!!

How am I sure?
Karen mentions that day it's been A WEEK since Grandad's funeral.

Ms Colman's class had a crash course in where babies came from

I had to look up a post I put on a message board to get the timeline straight. I couldn't even remember the name of the book. I know that before I posted it on the message board I looked up the gestation period of the guinea pig. I don't remember how long it was, but I do know that it was long enough that the guinea pig wouldn't have changed that drastically in four days before they're about to give birth. It's heavily implied that Hootie and friend got it on.


I needed something to post.

1 comment:

Cheryl Paoletti said...

You're much better at updating than I am! I have to read this one.